Soon the pumpkin pie will be eaten, the turkey picked over and Santa will be waving from the back of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. Before the panic of last minute holiday shopping sets in, here’s fodder to start thinking of those you love. Us? We love our fans. So much, we’re thinking of what they might like for the holidays. Not that we’re buying, but it is the thought that counts, right?
Planting Seeds for the Holidays: Shop early now and relax with eggnog in December.
1. MacBook Pro with Retina Display– Every writer, student and mobile worker could use a MacBook Pro. But with an imagination as vivid as my fan and writer friend Kevin’s, the MacBook Pro with Retina Display is his only match. Colors are rich and more vibrant with 5.1 million pixels. See the difference the new display makes, but then get a great deal here on Ebay.
2. LensBaby Composer Pro – When you love photography as much as Henie, there’s no stone left unturned when it comes to camera lenses and gadgets. Except for maybe this one. The Composer Pro from Lensbaby. It attaches to your DSLR camera, then swivels and bends to give photos those cool, smooth creative effects—all done in camera. (It’s on our Christmas list too, Henie.) Check it out at LensBaby.
3. iPad 3 – Our fan Keith doesn’t sit still long. Which is why we suggest the iPad 3. It will keep him plugged in at work, at home and with his 17,000 followers on Twitter. The iPad 3 was the first to reveal Apple’s retina display making text ultra sharp and photos uber vivid. The built-in 5 megapixel camera records beautiful stills and HD video too. We found them for under $500 on Ebay.
4. Google Nexus 7 – When you’re as PC as my consumer saavy fan Karen, you’ll love the latest tablet from Google, as well as its $200-ish price tag. You’ll get everything seemlessly synced across your tablet and PC with Google apps Gmail, Chrome, Google+ and YouTube. Not to mention loads of ebooks, movies, magazines and games. And you won’t have to buy a new adapter from Apple. Here’s the lowest price we found.
5. Denon Exercise Freak Wireless Headphones My hubby is wired to run, but without a good set of headphones. I’m picking these with Bluetooth connectivity so he can hear his iPhone. It comes with a mini version of the control wheel and a microphone so you can talk to SIRI if you get bored. Ok, secretly, I want these for myself because all other headphones fall out of my ears. Honey, can you pick these up in yellow please?
Who’s on your “Nice” list this year? What do you think the hottest gadgets are for 2012? Perhaps you’ll want to compare these camera? Stay tuned for more picks as the holidays get closer.